The Legal Review Committee promotes the well-being, education and professional development of Blacks in government service.
BIG and the Legal Review Committee do not provide legal advice and do not represent BIG members in legal proceedings.
The Legal Review Committee reviews legal decisions involving policy interpretations affecting Black government employees and develops strategies to define BIG's legal disposition and direction.
ATTORNEY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
BIG provides $2,500 grants to help BIG members enforce antidiscrimination laws. The grants are only repayed if the BIG member's case is successful.
Grant recipients must be financial Regular, Life or Gold Plus members at the chapter and national levels for at least two years immediately prior to the date of the AAP application.
Applicants must provide documents proving that the applicant filed a claim alleging an adverse employment action based in whole or part on race or color in a government workplace. Government contractor employees are not eligible.
Interested in applying?
Please email the Legal Review Committee at email@example.com for more information.
TULLY RINCKEY PLLC
Tully Rinckey Partnership with Blacks In Government
Through our partnership with the national federal employment law firm Tully Rinckey PLLC, Blacks In Government members are entitled to one free half-hour telephone consultation per year with a Tully Rinckey attorney regarding federal employment, security clearance or military matters. In addition to the free half-hour consultation, members who pursue their claims with Tully Rinckey will receive a 10% discount on legal fees.
Additionally, BIG members — at no extra cost — will be able to benefit from an array of unique firm features that will enable Tully Rinckey to provide them with personalized, professional, and affordable legal services. These unique features that set Tully Rinckey apart from other law firms include the following:
· Clients are provided with attorneys' direct-dial phone numbers that ring to their mobile device when they are out of the office.
· Payments can be made online through the Firm's website or Check-over-Phone.
· Videoconferencing and Zoom capabilities are offered to clients free-of-charge in most cases.
· A Live Chat feature on the firm’s website allows Tully Rinckey’s client relations associates to assist with general questions.
· Phones are answered 24 hours a day, including weekends, for urgent client matters.
· The firm has a full-time Public Relations team on staff available to assist clients with media relations strategies and inquiries.
· An attorney is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Lastly, in addition to the legal offerings, Tully Rinckey offers free webinars that arm members with the legal information needed to protect their federal careers.
Call 1-888-529-4543 to learn more about our partnership with Tully Rinckey and schedule your FREE consultation! 2001 L Street, NW, Suite 902 | Washington, DC 20036 | Website: tullylegal.com
Please click on the links below to review various videos
Tully Rinckey’s Federal Employment Law practice
Webinar: Legal Protections Against Discrimination in the Federal Workforce - Filing Your Informal EEO Complaint
Webinar: Understanding the Family & Medical Leave Act and Reasonable Accommodations
Interested in becoming a BIG Legal Sponsor?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.